April 2020 Howl
COVID-19 Special Statement
Due to concern over the COVID-19 pandemic, VAN-PAH is postponing in-person events until further notice.
To protect yourself and others, we encourage our members to practice social distancing and good hygiene, so that together we can ensure a safe and comfortable experience for everyone once we kick back in gear.
VAN-PAH Virtual Mosh
Put on your gear and wag your tail for the webcam! We’re hosting a virtual mosh to close the social distances during these dire times.
Join us at https://us04web.zoom.us/j/919272731
Conference Call Etiquette Applies. Gear is allowed, but no nudity like a public mosh. Please Mute Your Mic when not speaking or to lessen background noise. Some functions may require the Raise Hand feature to participate.
VAN-PAH Official Barkroom
VAN-PAH Official Barkroom is now live!
This group is for members of the community to socialize, communicate with the Board, and find information on upcoming events.
Join here: t.me/VanpahBarkroom
New VAN-PAH Directors
Two Directors have submitted their resignation from the VAN-PAH Board.
They have served the community well, and we wish to thank them for all the hard work they have done over the years.
The Board of Directors has appointed Pup Roxy and Pup Bowser to serve out the remainder of the terms for our departing Directors, and they have accepted with wagging tails.
Please welcome Roxy and Bowser to the VAN-PAH board!
ASL Interpreter Outreach
Do you sign American Sign Language (ASL)? We’d like to hear from you.
In order to increase accessibility of VAN-PAH events, we are looking for volunteers to provide interpretation. It doesn’t matter what level you are at as long you are willing to help.
Email VAN-PAH at email@example.com title “ASL Interpreter Outreach”
- Please do not consume outside food or drink in the Pumpjack. We have been told that some of our members have been bringing in outside food and drink, as empty packaging has been found. Our host venue works hard not just for us, but also its other patrons.
- When on the mats, please only wear clean, soft-sole shoes if you decide to keep your shoes on. The mats are delicate and expensive, and we hope that members are able to mosh on mats that are in the best shape possible.
- When not on the mats please remember to wear shoes on your feet, this not only protects your paws from broken glass, various individuals from stepping on toes and of course from getting hurt. This is also a bar requirement and not something we can chose to ignore.
- Gear is admired, but not required to attend any and all of VAN-PAH’s events.
- Consent is not just mandatory, it is also sexy!