May 2020 Howl
COVID-19 Special Statement
Due to concern over the COVID-19 pandemic, VAN-PAH is postponing in-person events until further notice.
To protect yourself and others, we encourage our members to practice social distancing and good hygiene, so that together we can ensure a safe and comfortable experience for everyone once we kick back in gear.
VAN-PAH Virtual Mosh
Saturday, May 2nd, 2:00pm – 4:00pm
Put on your gear and wag your tail for the webcam! We’re hosting a virtual mosh to close the social distances during these dire times.
Join us at https://us04web.zoom.us/j/78024103871
Conference Call Etiquette Applies. Gear is allowed, but no nudity like a public mosh. Please Mute Your Mic when not speaking or to lessen background noise. Some functions may require the Raise Hand feature to participate.
[TENTATIVE] Shadow Falls Camping
Friday – Sunday, June 12th – 14th, 2020
While we can’t predict the restrictions that will be in place in June, we have tentatively selected the dates in June for camping this year. We will keep in touch with campsite owner to keep everyone posted of this year’s camping plans.
Registration opens on May 15th, though this date may also change if restrictions remain in place. For more information, see the website here at Shadow Falls.
2020 Vancouver Pride Parade
As many of you are already aware, the Vancouver Pride Society has decided to transition this year’s Pride celebrations to a virtual event. We have not yet received any details on what events are planned or how we can participate, but we hope to still have a wagging good time showing off our Pride in our community! Watch our official communications channels for more information as we receive it.
VAN-PAH Official Barkroom
VAN-PAH Official Barkroom is now live!
This group is for members of the community to socialize, communicate with the Board, and find information on upcoming events.
Join here: t.me/VanpahBarkroom
ASL Interpreter Outreach
Do you sign American Sign Language (ASL)? We’d like to hear from you.
In order to increase accessibility of VAN-PAH events, we are looking for volunteers to provide interpretation. It doesn’t matter what level you are at as long you are willing to help.
Email VAN-PAH at email@example.com title “ASL Interpreter Outreach”
- Please do not consume outside food or drink in the Pumpjack. We have been told that some of our members have been bringing in outside food and drink, as empty packaging has been found. Our host venue works hard not just for us, but also its other patrons.
- When on the mats, please only wear clean, soft-sole shoes if you decide to keep your shoes on. The mats are delicate and expensive, and we hope that members are able to mosh on mats that are in the best shape possible.
- When not on the mats please remember to wear shoes on your feet, this not only protects your paws from broken glass, various individuals from stepping on toes and of course from getting hurt. This is also a bar requirement and not something we can chose to ignore.
- Gear is admired, but not required to attend any and all of VAN-PAH’s events.
- Consent is not only sexy, it’s mandatory.
- And remember, wash your paws!